Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday March 8th 2010, first full week

What a great weekend!

So my first full week came to a close last night…I must admit I was a little concerned getting on the scale this morning, I didn’t accomplish all that I wanted to. I got in a couple of days of “exercise” not nearly as much as I had hoped to, but two days more than I had been getting in…progress is good. I did ok with the “slow” eating, but I know I can do better. I need to pay closer attention to my sugar/carb intake and keep it around 16grams sugar and 22grams carbs per day. All in all it was a good week below are this week’s wins;

1. Increased water intake
2. Continued with supplements
3. Meditated 3 days
4. Switched pasta to a multi grain (didn’t care for the whole wheat)
\5. No out of control cravings
6. Worked in two days of exercise
7. Worked in a couple of short walks, breaks from my work day
8. Left food on my plate, stopped eating when I was satisfied
9. Said no to late night snacking very easily
10. Lost inches!
11. Weighed in at 179!

Simple steps that fit into my life without a tone of extra effort…down a total of 5lbs! I think this is great! Imagine the results I could see if I step it up a bit (remember part of the goal is to make this as easy and as simple as possible, adopt habits and methods that fit into my life easily so that I once I reach my goal I will be able to continue my new lifestyle never feeling deprived of the things I love…YES, I love sweets, junk food, pasta, bread. I may not eat a tone of it but I do not want to cut it out of my life all together and when I eat it I don’t want to waste any time convincing myself that something taste just as good as the “real” thing. So good tasting substitutes are ok but if my taste buds say “Ya, right” I’m not going to force the issue, I would rather have a purely “sinful” indulgence ever so often than a nasty tasting copy more frequently. I may not be dropping a ton of weight but the diet isn’t consuming me either. That’s just me; being honest with me and making it work.

Now I bet you want to know if there were any changes in my measurements, well here they are;

Starting                                                               Current

Abs: Upper 41.5 Lower 45                                   40/44
Hips: 45                                                                    44
Arms: Left 13.5 Right 14                                        13/13
Thighs: Left 25.5 Right 26                                       24/25
Neck: 15                                                                  14

I’ve heard it said that “every journey begins with a single step”, it looks like even small steps pay off, and losing 5lbs and a total of 7 inches is pretty good. This week I’ll add in more exercise time, work to nail the “eating slow” thing, get the carbs & sugar grams down. I think that if I can add these steps to my plan I’ll have an even better week this week.

Last week ended on a high note and I’m getting closer to wearing some of the clothes I avoid because they make me look and feel like I’m seven months pregnant. It’s been kind of fun looking for the small things I can change to make this improvement, things so simple that anyone could adopt them into their lifestyle.
Have a great week, see you on Monday March 15th th

Smile Often,
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment