Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday March 29th 2010

Normally I look forward to Monday mornings. I don’t wake up in a bad mood because the weekend is over and I have to (as some may put it) “get back to reality”. Instead I view it as an amazing gift, another opportunity to create my own reality, one that I love no matter what day of the week it is. However after living in pain all week and just trying to “get through” each day, I found myself struggling with the thought of another Monday morning. I knew I hadn’t put any effort into my weight loss goals last week as well as this week and I just couldn’t bring myself to face the scale…and that’s why I missed last week’s report in.


It took me last week and most of this week to realize what I was beginning to do and put a stop to it. I was doing a little self sabotage. It is true I was sick and at times the pain was almost unbearable. However I could have easily stayed the course food wise and held off on the exercise. But I’m not going to dwell on it, instead I will focus on the fact that I recognized the behavior before it sent me spiraling backwards.

So here I am and although the last two weeks have been less than perfect, less than I would have hoped for I still managed to weigh in at 176! I have lost yet another pound. Still on track; still headed in the right direction, lucky I didn’t let my imagination push me too far off the path. One of the best things is I am beginning to feel a difference in the way my clothes fit…and I really, really like it.

My struggles are variety with healthy food options to work into my menus…there are so many things that I just don’t like and some that I am allergic to that I sometimes I feel like my options are limited. Also although I do notice the change in the way my clothes fit my belly still makes me look and feel huge so it’s going take a little more time and some creative imagination in the kitchen before I truly feel like my plan is a successful one…it’s working though, I’m headed in the right direction so I guess it is successful.

Have a great week and I’ll talk to you on Monday

Smile Often
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment